FoxedUP Theatre is offering an emerging producer the opportunity to develop their skills in a flexible working environment, by supporting the company for the next twelve months on its exciting new project: The Cat’s Mother by Pericles Snowdon. This is the company’s next major project after Priceless, performed in 2010 at the Roundhouse Studio and for a further 5-week run at Theatre Souk (hosted by Theatre Delicatessen).
We are looking for a highly motivated, organised, reliable individual who is able to use their initiative and enthusiasm to make things happen! As an actor-led company made up of seven women, we offer a new way of working in a creative and open environment. There is scope within the role to focus on particular areas of interest or expertise, and we are really looking for someone who will work with the members of the company on the overall strategy of the project after the research and development phase.
This project will involve the following:
· A period of research and development in September, followed by scratch performances at three festivals; Theatre Breaks (Honor Oak), Fifteen (The Space) and Theatre in the Pound (The Cockpit Theatre).
· The development of the full script between October 2011 and January 2012. During this time, the producer will work with the company to look into options for full performance – through contact with venues, applications to festivals, funding research and further work in the rehearsal room as required.
· In 2012 we would like to bring the piece into full production. The producer will be responsible for the production budgeting, contracting of personnel, liaising with venues and managing staff such as stage management. We intend to work as a company to fundraise and explore ongoing options for the project, such as a tour or production at a major fringe festival (Edinburgh, Brighton, High Tide, Latitude).
· Attending fortnightly meetings with the creative team (evenings / weekends).
· Sourcing / booking rehearsal space.
· Liaising with venues and technical teams.
· Marketing and P.R.
· Updating the website and managing mailing lists.
· Researching funding opportunities and possible performance spaces / events.
The following are desirable:
· Qualification or significant experience in producing.
· Excellent I.T. skills (experience in working with websites or web design a bonus).
· Good knowledge of finance, including previous budgeting experience.
· Excellent awareness of the current theatrical landscape.
· The ability to network and draw on own extensive contact list.
· An excellent team player willing to pitch in where necessary and take charge when required!
If you would like to be considered, please E-mail a CV and covering letter, outlining your reasons for applying and suitability for the role, to: firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 7th October 2011.
Please note, a funding decision is pending, and at this time we are able to offer a one-off expenses payment only for this project. Fees will be built into ongoing fundraising, in line with other members of the company.